A reader wrote in and asked “What do I have to be thankful for?” Figured I would answer this question. There’s 101 things to be thankful for, and more.
There is so much to be thankful for in life, but sometimes we forget and need a little reminding. I hope this list of 101 things to be thankful for will inspire you to feel thankful yourself.
So here goes. What do I have to be Thankful for? 101 things.
1) Being alive in a world of possibilities
2) Those who fought and died protecting our freedom
3) Freedom to choose who we want to be
4) Freedom to choose what we want to do
5) Everybody who ever smiled at us
6) Everybody who ever lifted us when we were down
7) Being able to choose what to do with your time
8) The ability to work and earn a living
9) People who are supportive and caring
10) People who aren’t, who remind you what not to be
11) Food. The smell of it, the taste of it, the sight of it. YUMMY!
12) The imagination. It’s the greatest gift we have.
13) The feeling of the sun on our skin
14) The sound of rain
15) The internet that puts us in contact with the world
16) Our ability to communicate with others
17) The morning paper that keeps us informed
18) Pleasant dreams
19) Video games!
24) Running out in the open
25) Cheesy uplifting pop music
26) Christmas comes every single year!
27) Beauty; in other people, in nature; everywhere.
28) The ability to make a difference in the world
33) Sense of sight
34) Sense of hearing
35) Sense of touch
36) A healthy immune system
37) Our beautiful and complex bodies
39) The human mind
40) Inventions that have made society what it is
43) Our expressivity
44) School / Education system
45) Health care
46) The sky at night
47) The feeling of water over your skin
48) Our propensity for hope
49) Being able to travel the world
50) Being able to take days off
51) Life itself
53) Knowing that pain is temporary
56) Hindsight, which makes us wiser every day
59) The sound of laughter
62) Knowing that we’re never truly alone
63) Living in a country that strives for justice and fairness
65) Air conditioning
66) The pub
69) The sound of birds singing
70) Clothing that keeps us warm and comfy
71) A rich cultural heritage
73) Having photos from around the world a mere click away
75) The media
76) Being able to read and write
79) Our emotions, good and bad, that keep us feeling alive
81) Being able to sing
82) Blank pages on which to hurl our thoughts and feelings
83) The ability to choose to think positive
84) Scientific discoveries that keep society evolving
85) People who share their memories with us
86) Our always playful inner child
88) Our homes
89) The ability to let your hair down once in a while
90) Those in public service
91) Old people who remind us of our history
92) Young people who carry with them our tomorrow
93) Being able to fall over and get back up
94) Knowing there is always love
95) Knowing that every day is a sacred day for at least someone out there
96) Being able to switch off and relax when we need to
97) That pulse of optimism that propels us to act
98) The possibilities–Not knowing what tomorrow will bring
99) Knowing you’re special to at least one person
100)Knowing there are people who believe in you
101) The humility to always look at life with a sense of wonder.
I strongly recommend creating your own list of 101 things to be thankful for. It’s a real eye opener and will leave you feeling good for days after. And don’t worry, it might seem difficult at first, but once you’ve written a couple of things to be thankful for you’ll get in the swing of things and before long you’ll have your list of 101 things to be thankful complete.
Thanks for reading.