- 1. The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. (Buddha quote) This is one of the best Buddha quotes. And while all Buddha quotes are beautiful, I personally think there is something deeply true about this one.
Buddha is the most enlightened minds, and his enlightenement is reflected in this quote.
Why it matters: We instinctively know right from wrong. But society tries to convince us otherwise. It is not right, for instance, for 1% of the people to have 90% of the wealth. And it isn’t right for some to throw food away while others starve. We know these things instinctively, even though society tries to convince us otherwise. Enlightened minds know the truth and refuse to be detered from it.
As enlightened minds we must fight to hold on to what we deep down know to be true, our inner wisdom. We must do our part to fight the wrongs and to heal the world. And the only way to do that is by having conviction in your morals and in your standards.
How to do it: Distance yourself from negative people. Embrace positive and enlightened people. Live your life for your purpose. That’s the way of enlightened minds.
- 2. If God had wanted me otherwise, He would have created me otherwise. (Johann von Goethe quote) Johann on Goethe quote. Lot of truth in it.
Why it matters: Enlightened minds know that we are the way we are for a reason. You are the one and only you there will ever be. And if you don’t live true to that one and only you, you will be depriving the world of a person, an entity, that it will never see again. It’s important to be true to yourself because your true self is the way nature / God intended you to be.
How to do it: For an enlightened mind, connect with your divine and true self by meditating on silence. This will close your mind of superfluous noise and connect you to your innermost self. That is the way of enlightened minds.
3. The most exhausting thing in life is being insincere. (Anne Morrow Lindbergh quote)
- This quote is from Anne Morrow Lindbergh , another enlightened mind.
Why it matters: Most people spend a great deal of time “keeping up with the Joneses”. But whatever made the Joneses so great in the first place? Why keep up with someone other than yourself? If you’re going to “keep up” with anyone, keep up with yourself, with your own purpose and your own passion. Otherwise you’re wasting your energy heading in the wrong direction. Enlightened minds don’t worry about keeping up with the Joneses.
How to do it: Look inside yourself and ask: Who are you trying to emulate? Most people try to emulate some person or other (often a parent or sibling). You can discover what’s happening inside yourself by practicing Vipassana meditation, a technique used by such enlightened minds as the Buddha and the Dalai Lama.
- 4. At bottom every man knows well enough that he is a unique being, only once on this earth; and by no extraordinary chance will such a marvelously picturesque piece of diversity in unity as he is, ever be put together a second time. (Friedrich Nietzsche quote)
Philosopher Nietzsche’s quote about being unique.
Why it matters: Enlightened minds recognise the beauty in all things, in people, in the world, in nature, and, importantly, they also recognise the beauty in themselves. You were created a unique and beautiful individual. Recognise your beauty. Not only is this a source of great positivity, but it’s also a powerful reminder of why it’s so important to be true to yourself always.
How to do it: Be loving towards yourself. Recognise your own beauty and your own need for love and compassion. Loving Kindness Meditation will help.
- 5. No creature is fully itself till it is, like the dandelion, opened in the bloom of pure relationship to the sun, the entire living cosmos. (D.H. Lawrence quote)
Author DH Lawrence wrote some truly beautiful quotes.
Why it matters: Enlightened minds know that to be your true self you first have to discover what your true self is. Many people have the wrong impression of themselves. They believe they are the person that their family, friends, and society has told them they are. This is a false self. Your true self reside on a deeper level.
How to do it: To connect to your true self, try balancing your chakras. This excellent spiritual healing technique can help you to rediscover your true self.
6. Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it. (Bruce Lee quote)
- Martial Artist and philosopher Bruce Lee. A quote about life.
Why it matters: Many people know that they want success, that they want a good life, and so they look for other people who have led such lives. But can you imagine what the world would be like if Martin Luther King, Gandhi, Buddha, Jesus, Lao Tzu and others had simply imitated someone else? The world would never have been as it is today. They are shining examples of why it is so important to be true to yourself. Don’t imitate, don’t duplicate, innovate by being yourself.
How to do it: It’s easy once you have confidence, and you can become confident by using this meditation technique.
WHAT TO READ NEXT