So you’ve read all the self improvement tips for success. But they’re just not working. And you dont know why. Here’s the problem with self improvement.
Odds are that if you’re into self help or self improvement you’ve likely read a thousand books on the subject and you’ve come across thousands of self improvement tips for success.
The self improvement market is going from strength to strength. It’s no surprise. We all want to be the best we can be and live the best life we can live.
Some of us are on personal fitness training programs. Others are on a self improvement course online. Others still are using ARoleModel.com’s own Body Language Online Course. We all have something we want to achieve and we’re all doing our best to achieve it.
Trying your best isn’t enough though. And the reason why trying your best isn’t enough is because there are pitfalls to self improvement that will ruin your success no matter how hard you try.
Sometimes, when learning something new, the best place to start is by learning how NOT to do it. The same is true for self improvement. Before dashing off and trying every single self improvement tip under the sun, it’s best to make sure that you’re avoiding the most common self improvement errors.
Be sure to avoid all of the following. They are the biggest mistakes in any self improvement plan.
Before you read any more self improvement tips for success, do these five things:
- Don’t simply read, IMPLEMENT: So you’ve read a self improvement tip on a self improvement website. You liked the advice you read there and want more of it. But STOP! Instead of just going off and reading a thousand and one self improvement tips, read one self improvement tip then give yourself the time to actively implement it. Advice without application is like a flower without water. It’s only going to die.
- Don’t do anything that seems too hard: When you’re trying something new, it’s usually a mistake to start off too difficult. That way leads to errors and failures that demotivate. Start with easy to use self improvement tips. Read one tip, check you’re realistically able to do it, do it, succeed in it, then pick up another self improvement tip.
- You won’t ever be perfect. Stop trying: You will never ever ever be perfect. Trying to be perfect is a killer mistake. When you expect perfection you’re only ever going to be disappointed. Being constantly disappointed isn’t going to make you happy or successful.
- Struggle is inevitable: Don’t make the mistake of thinking that just because something feels like a bit of a struggle that it’s the wrong thing. When you go to the gym, you have to struggle a little to work your muscles to get stronger. The same is true for self improvement tips. A little struggle is necessary and will make you stronger.
- Reading is not self improvement: This is a little similar to the first tip but bears repeating. Self improvement is FOUND in books but IMPLEMENTED in real life. Reading a book by itself is worthless. For every hour you spend reading a book, spend two hours implementing the advice you read.
And you’re done. Using these five self improvement tips / warnings will ensure that you get the most out of your own self improvement programs.
WHAT TO READ NEXT: