This guide to how to do a mindfulness meditation breaks down the process of mindfulness meditation into simple to follow steps. This is a perfect meditation for newcomers and is one of the many meditation techniques covered in our comprehensive book: Mindfulness and Meditation Techniques for Beginners (click on the book on the right or left of your screen for more details).
Mindfulness meditation is one of the most popular and best meditation techniques. So, why would you want to begin mindfulness meditation training?
Mindfulness meditation is beneficial for a number of reasons:
- It helps eliminate stress (which is why it is used in cognitive behavioral therapy in depression treatment and with other mental health conditions).
- It boosts general happiness and wellbeing
- It enables you to live in the present moment
- Mindfulness meditation moves you beyond the trappings of thoughts and feelings
- It increases workplace productivity
- And much much more
IN order to learn how to do a mindfulness meditation you first have to understand how mindfulness works.
How mindfulness works
Mindfulness works around the simple premise that the vast majority of people are stuck inside their own thoughts and feelings. We do not see the world directly, but rather through our personal biases, our beliefs, our thoughts and our feelings. When we practice mindfulness we move beyond these thoughts and feelings, focussing the mind 100% on what IS–on external reality.
Through this process of mindfulness meditation we are able to overcome negative thoughts and feelings but, more importantly, we learn to live in the moment and as one with our environment.
So, how to do a mindfulness meditation. . .
- Before revealing how to do a mindfulness meditation, there are a few basics that must be understood:
- When meditating you should always be comfortable and never tense
- It is important to practice mindfulness somewhere quiet and peaceful
- You may choose to sit with your legs crossed but this is not necessary
- You must not fidget when meditating
- In this video Yuttadhammo Bhikkhu discusses the philosophy and benefits of mindfulness meditation.
How to do a mindfulness meditation
We are now ready to do a mindfulness meditation. Click to the next page, below, and we’ll get started.
Today’s meditation quote. . .How To Meditate in Bed: Get comfortable, lying on your back with your face towards the ceiling. Tell your muscles to relax. Focus your mind on your breathing and meditate on the entire body and on the breath. -- -- P.m Harrison, author of How To Meditate Properly, Anytime, Anywhere
48 Trackbacks & Pingbacks
- visit website
- whitesand tourist services
- Meditation for Health | How To Improve Your Health
- Dating Tester
- baby care tips for new moms
- sailing holidays Croatia
- buy facebook likes cheap company
- Best exercise to lose weight for women
- Cheap engagement rings
- Carpet cleaning Houston
- high protein low carb
- celebrating home catalog
- partylite catalog
- carbon monoxide detector
- Boca Raton Website Design
- Weight gain in pregnancy
- Panda was his namo
- paintless dent repair training
- Forex Currency Trading
- Wake up now reviews
- Clash of clans hack
- como ganar dinero desde tu casa tu
- book of ra kostenlos spielen
- DCYC Crickets
- Short boots
- Business Directory Australia
- jobs hiring
- Cosmetic Dentist Glendale AZ
- Natural breast enhancement Reviews
- painters Oakville
- Partner with Anthony
- hairstyles with braiding hair
- zurich escort
- Klebeband mit Werbung
- Exotische Samen Kaufen
- fat burning furnace
- fat burning furnace
- find a lawyer in ohio
- Download Electronic music
- Caught Sleeping at Work