Linga is Sanskrit for Phallus. Linga Mudra means “Phallus Gesture.” This is a great gesture for increasing body temperature. It is associated with the element of fire.
The Linga Mudra is a popular mudra on yoga courses and has been used in many weight loss programs.
Linga Mudra Technique Steps
- You may use the Linga Mudra while sitting or standing
- Intertwine the fingers of your hands and hold the hands in front of the body
- Point your left thumb upwards and wrap the index finger and thumb of your right hand around it.
- Hold for 10 minutes. Try it now.
Linga Mudra Benefits
The Linga Mudra benefits practitioners by:
- Increasing body temperature
- Improving the immune system and making us less susceptible to infection
- Improves respiratory system
- Aids weight loss
You can find more great mudras for health here.