The Prana Mudra is one of the most popular and most important mudras in many cultures and spiritualities. The Prana Mudra is used to activate the prana / chi /energy in the body.
Here’s an easy guide to performing the Prana mudra
You might like to read my beginners guide to practicing mudras first.
- Simply follow these Prana Mudra steps to use the technique:
- Sit in a comfortable meditative posture such as the Lotus Pose, or while standing. Make sure you have good posture and are relaxed.
- Close your eyes and focus your mind on your breath
- Hold your hands up at your sides. Hold your second and third finger straight. Bed the fourth and fifth fingers to touch the tip of your thumb.
- Holding this hand position, take a moment to feel chi running through you.
- Continue this meditation for fifteen minutes. Try it now.
What’s really amazing is that this mudra does all the following things:
- Creates energy in your body
- Centres your mind
- Boosts your immune system
- Is a natural way of relaxing the mind and helping to treat anxiety and depression.
This fantastic video will help get you started
Here is a fantastic video which will help you to get the prana mudra right and to understand how to use it. I hope you find this useful. If you enjoyed this article or found it helpful please share this page. This will help our website to grow. Thank you.
>> Want to learn more? Take a look at my complete guide to the mudras.