The Prithvi Mudras is a great mudra for activating the root chakra and balancing Prithvi in the body.
In our huge free guide to mudras we revealed 60 different mudras that can help with health and spiritual development. The Prithvi mudra is one of the mudras that can have a big impact on spiritual development.
The mudra is also called:
- Agni-shamak mudra.
- Prithvi-vardhak mudra
Let’s take a look at the meaning and benefits of this mudra.
Prithvi Mudra Meaning
The Prithvhi mudra is a symbolic gesture that is seen in Ayurveda and yoga. It literally means “The vast one” and is the name for Earth.
As you can tell from the name, this mudra increases the earth element, which helps with healing the body. For this reason, the Prithvi mudra is great for curing diseases (see below).
When this mudra is used for spriritual development it enhanced the root chakra (muladhara) and this improves mood and stability of mind.
Try the technique now. All you do is…
- Find a quiet, peaceful place to sit.
- Sit down with good posture, either in the Easy Pose or in Lotus Pose, or while standing.
- Curl the ring finger so that its tip touches the tip of the thumb. The remaining fingers should be pointing straight.
- Hold this position while meditating for ten to twenty minutes. Try it now.
- Use this technique once a day for 30 – 40 minutes.
The many amazing benefits of the Prithvi mudra
- Balances the elements in the body
- Strengthens the body.
- Prevents fatigue
- Opens the mind
- Is great for weight loss
- Builds self confidence
- Boosts spirituality.
Prithvhi can help cure these problems:
(Red my guide to healing mudras to find a cure for health problems.)
Here are the problems this mudra can cure:
Degeneration of articular cartilage
Unwanted weight loss
Weakness atrophied muscles.
Dry, cracked, burning, mature skin
Burning sensation of urinating,
Burning in anus,
Burning in hands, feet, and head
Premature grey hair
Burning in eyes