Perhaps the number one reason why people begin to meditate is for pure relaxation. There are hundreds of different meditation technique that will help you to relax. Making a list of all the different types of meditation would be near impossible, so in this article we have focussed on only the best techniques. Simply follow the instructions below to find complete relaxation.
Relaxation Technique: Meditation for Beginners
- Spend ten minutes (or as long as you can ) performing this exercise and you will feel fresh, new and totally relaxed.
- Find somewhere quiet where you can relax in peace without being disturbed.
- Sit down in any position where you are relaxed and comfortable but are not slouching (kneeling down with your back straight or sitting with legs crossed are good examples)
- Close your eyes and begin to focus on your breathing. Focus on the air coming and going through your nostrils.
- If you find it difficult to focus on your breath, help settle your mind by counting the breath. In – count 1 – out – count 2 – in – count 3 – out – count 4
- Continue to focus on the air coming and going through the end of your nose. Monks will focus on this for long periods of time, but if you have ten minutes to spare then that’s great!
By focussing on your breath in this way you completely relax your mind. With relaxed mind, now is the ideal time to read the following quotes about relaxation. These relaxing quotes will help you find an even calmer state of mind for complete and total relaxation.
Relaxing Quotes about Relaxation
Nothing is permanent in this wicked world – not even our troubles.
What’s the use of worrying? It never was worthwhile.
To sit in the shade on a fine day, and look upon verdure is the most perfect refreshment.
For fast-acting relief, try slowing down.
“Just breathing can be such a luxury sometimes.”
― Walter Kirn, Up in the Air relaxing quotes
“Work. Don’t Think. Relax.”
― Ray Bradbury quotes about relaxing
If you can attain repose and calm, believe that you have seized happiness.
Julie-Jeanne-Eleonore de Lespinasse quotes about relaxing
Everything you do can be done better from a place of relaxation.
Stephen C. Paul quotes about relaxation
A SOCIAL SITE ON A MISSION
Deep and meaningful. Enlightening and inspiring. Sensational and substantial. That's what you can expect here. We work day and night to provide entertainment, enlightenment, and inspiration. If you would like to support our site, here's how...
You can join our social networks
And if you would like to make a donation, you may do so via PayPal.
HAND PICKED ARTICLES FOR YOU