The Top 100 Yoga Blogs and Websites in the World Written on Thursday, March 12th, 2015 by @Paul Harrison
We are proud to present TheDailyMeditation award for the world’s best yoga blogs. Has your site found its place in our list? If so be sure to let your readers know the good news! (article shortlink: http://wp.me/p3fZC4-xZ )
Without further ado; the top 100 yoga blogs in the world.
The Top 100 Yoga Blogs and Websites in the World
- YogaMint.com – YogaMint is full of different yoga moves, recipes based on vegan and organic ingredients, and various meditations that will help you overcome stress. This is an excellent site for discovering how yoga to transform your life.
- The Householder Yogini: This blog is about using yoga in family life and is absolutely perfect for kids. It contains excellent articles and tips on how to get kids into yoga. A definite must-read for families interested in yoga.
- My Yoga Blog: My Yoga Blog is full of reviews and tips on yoga, but my favourite part of this website is the personal flair that the writer puts into every article. Excellent.
- Spirit Voyage – SpiritVoyage is full of articles on how you can integrate yoga into your life. Articles cover subjects ranging from aromatherapy to herbalism. There’s also music, meditations and articles on yoga events.
- DailyCupofYoga.com –DailyCupofYoga is a collaborative venture, with various guests posting from around the world. This site is full of the best tips, books, wisdom and all kinds of resources that will aid your self development through yoga. Highly recommended for everybody!
- AnacostiaYogi: This is the blog of yoga instructor Sariane Leigh, who teaches yoga movements in the African-American styles. There are lots of different yoga programs to get involved with.
- Starr Struck: This yoga lifestyle blog goes into great depth and detail on specific yoga exercises. The photography is also excellent and there are fascinating interviews too.
- Thaisg.com: Here you’ll find some of the longest blog posts on yoga, all of which are full of valuable advice. There’s a newsletter too to help you to get fully involved with the yoga-way of life.
- YogaTwistOnLife: This bog is full of interesting and detailed thoughts on yoga. There’s also a ton of links to valuable resources to help you with your yoga.
- MyYogaOnline.com: This site is the best site for reviews and thoughts on the latest yoga products. Here you’ll find articles on yoga clothing, mats, games and more.
- Ripple of One Stone: This yoga blog is all about how to avoid being injured while you practice your yoga routines. An amazing feature of Ripple of One Stone is the anatomical analyses of yoga moves, which shows why they need to be done correctly.
- Semperviva: Another site with excellent advice on articles on all different subjects related to yoga and other health trends. Also contains excellent interviews.
- YogaCurious: Curious about Yoga? You’ll find brilliant guides to yoga sequences and moves here. This is one of the best sites for learning yoga and also contains articles on how to improve your life through yoga.
- Yoga Lisa DC: Lisa’s Yoga blog combines two seemingly disparate subjects: yoga and knitting. The yoga is used to stay fit and for general wellbeing and stress relief.
- ItsAllAboutYoga.com: Everything on this site is about yoga, in case that wasn’t completely obvious by the title. It’s full of excellent thoughts on yoga from a yoga practitioners. There are also inspiring and motivating notes on various yoga exercises.
- Cowgirl Yoga: Yeehaw and Namaste! This Montana mamma talks about everything related to motherhood, yoga and horses.
- Yoga Paws: Yoga Paws is about using yoga in order to promote general wellbeing and spirituality. It has some of the best yoga photography and offers in-depth articles.
- Elsie’s Yoga Kula: This blog contains some of the best information and advice on alternative health, yoga and general wellbeing. There are excellent videos and a ton of different classed and podcasts.
- Ashtanga Vinyasa Krama Yoga at Home: This blog gets an award not only because its title is so hard to say (you have to yoga for your mouth just to pronounce it correctly) but also because of the in-depth articles that it offers on Ashtanga yoga.
- Ashtanga Yoga Mother Earth: This blog is packed full of wisdom and is truly inspirational. It covers topics ranging from organic diet to modern ournalist.
- Christina Sell Yoga: On this blog Christina Sell talks about the yoga lifestyle and both the pros and cons of teaching yoga.
- AbelaYoga.com: This blog is about the spiritual aspects of yoga and about the yogic life. It discusses oga in a deep and meaningful way.
- Five Points Yoga: Barrett is a yoga trainer with over 500 hours of experience. On his blog he discusses breathing, meditation, music and, of course, yoga .
- Compass Yoga: This blog is all about the various health benefits of yoga, which it goes into great details to discuss.
- Lululemonn Athetica: Detail really is the name of the game on Lululemon’s blog. The best part of this blog is the “Ask a Yoga” feature that allows you to ask any questions you like.
- PowerYogaOttawa: This is full of easy to follow guides on specific yoga moves and is excellent for newcomers. There are also interesting articles for yoga teachers and lessons for those who want to learn yoga at home.
- TrueYoga: This is one of the more philosophical yoga blogs and is all about the spiritual aspects of yoga.
- RiverFlow Yoga; RiverFlow Yoga is all about hot yoga. Don’t worry, thought, the blog does an excellent job of making Hot Yoga more comfortable (perhaps LukeWarm Yoga would be a better description).
- Chelsea Loves Yoga: This yoga blog focusses on building a communicating and connecting individuals through the practice of yoga. It also contains an excellent section on yoga for children and teens.
- Yoga Journal: This yoga blog contains an excellent guide to yoga for beginners, which has helped me to use yoga myself and which I strongly recommend for all newcomers. There’s also great articles on integrating yoga into your life style. An excellent read.
- The Yogini from Manila: Jane is the Yogini from Manila. On this blog Jane shares her wealth of knowledge about yoga instructor in Manila.
- Ishta Yoga: This yoga blog also contains excerpts from yoga classes. There’s details guides to yoga poses and an interesting section on “Office Yoga” too.
- Eyogaforbeginners.com: This is a fantastic blog for newcomers and makes learning yoga simple and fun. The blog’s step-by-step instructions are easy to follow, even for beginners.
- YogijBrown: This is the blog of yoga instructor J Brown. In it he shares his own insights into teaching yoga, as well as discussing the spiritual aspects of yoga.
- Nadine’s Yoga: Nadine likes to set all manner of yoga challenge and her blog is a guide to meeting Buddhist and yoga challenge in your life. There are also great articles on meditation.
- Yoga Gypsy: This is one of the most interesting yoga blogs I have come across and is very informtative. There are tons of tips on various Yoga moves and all is written and edited excellently.
- Spoiled Yogi: Spoiled Yogi is a new mother who describes herself as being a spoiled brat. The best part of her blog is her interviews, which are very informative and give a good sense of the yoga community
- Write on Yoga: Write on Yoga surprisingly writes on yoga. In her writings she gives all manner of insight into yoga for mothers. She also helps yoga instructors on organising classes.
- Ashtanga Yoga Gainesville: This is the blog of yoga practitioner and teacher Christine. It’s packed full of informative and entertaining articles on the yoga lifestyle.
- Curvy Yoga: Curvy Yoga is about yoga for people with curves and is written by Anna, who discusses the ways yoga can be used to create a healthy and positive lifestyle.
- Bernadette Birney: Yoga teacher Bernadette Birney has devoted her life to educating people about yoga. Her blog is full of informative and entertaining articles on the yoga lifestyle.
- Yoga Yak: This blog offers videos on absolutely everything to do with yoga, from breathing to moves to meditation and beyond.
- Yoga Download: The excellent tips on this blog will truly help you to use yoga for self development. It’s full of excellent articles on how to use yoga for stress and for relationships
- Five Minute Yoga: ON this blog, certified yoga teacher Iyengar speaks about psychology, yoga moves and aging.
- CorPower Yoga: This blog is all about using yoga to create a flourishing lifestyle. It’s perfect for beginners and is full of inspirational quotes too.
- Gaiam Inc: This is a very praxctical yoga blog that shows how yoga can be used in various situations, like at the office or at school.
- Alignment Yoga: This is the blog of Scott Anderson who writes about his yoga lifestyle in a very entertaining and informative way. There’s also audio and video, making this one of the most multimedia-rich yoga blogs in the world.
- Whole Life Blog: This is full of excellent commentary and advice on ways to use yoga for specific health issues, like stress, depression and anxiety.
- Aura Wellness Center: Another blog that talks about how to use yoga for specific reasons. There’s articles on using blog for running and articles on using yoga for health concerns like stress and insomnia.
- Yoga for Healthy Aging: This is an amazing yoga blog that talks about how to use yoga to eliminate stress and other health complications associated with aging. It’s written by medical professionals, meaning you know the advice is 100% accurate.
More on the next page
Paul M Harrison is a meditation teacher with more than ten years of experience. He also writes as a lifestyle journalist and author. The author of more than five books, you can find his works on his Amazon Author Page Contact him via Twitter or Facebook