The Vayu Mudra is the “Air Gesture” and is used to regulate air in the body. This is another important gesture in yoga courses.
Vayu Mudra Technique
- To perform the Mudra follow these steps:
- Curl the index fingers so that the tips press into the mound of the thumb
- Curl the thumbs lightly so they apply a little pressure onto the index fingers
- Hold the remaining fingers straight
- Meditate while holding this position for ten minutes. Try it now.
Vayu Mudra Benefits
- The most important benefit is that it will regulate air in the body. This air flow regulation becomes a natural treatment for flatulence, sciatica, gout, arthritis and rheumatism.
- The Mudra is of benefit to those suffering from Parkinson’s Disease as it helps control tremors.
- Practicing the Mudra after eating helps digestion.